Location: Finsbury Circus, London
Size: 20,000 sq ft
Duration: 18 weeks
The brief was to reconfigure the main 1st floor office to allow influx of staff from a company merger, this also involved creation of additional new WC facilities to comply with regulations. We also introduced a new kitchen breakout area for the increase of staff on the floor, plus refurbished / extended the existing Kitchen breakout. The project involved a phased relocation of staff to create the space to add the WC facilities. We also relocated the Reception entrance and spaceplanned the rest of the floor to accommodate an extra 160 staff.
We employed Swanwell Consulting to redesign the HVAC systems and boost fresh air capacities based on their knowledge of the building. The WC’s were designed to continue the Walnut theme with a minimalist feel we used muted floor and wall tiles and a white Corian Surface vanity unit. The designs also incorporated a male and female shower per WC. The office was redesigned and relocations took place on a 7 phase programme, most works were carried out on working days with areas hoarded off under H&S for safe working. Phased power and data works were carried out over weekends to enable the new staff influx to happen as each work phase was completed.
- Assistance in legal / planning process obtaining Licence to alter
- Power and data modifications
- Modifications and additions to HVAC system, plus fresh air capacities
- New WC’s and showers, tiling, lighting, new solid ceilings, ventilation
- New glass and solid partitioning, relocation of existing
- Full decoration throughout
- New Kitchens and breakout areas, new flooring and DESSO carpet to offices
- Phase relocations and disposals